1) [Report], 1950, Safety First Week in Potters Bar, [BJF with prize-winning poster design, with photograph], Hatfield and Potters Bar Gazette, 809: p 1, 17 March.
2) Report, 1950, Miss Annette Mills at Potters Bar [prize presentation], Herts Advertiser, March.
3) Picture feature, 1950, Poster Winners with Annette Mills, Hatfield
and Potters Bar Gazette, 811: 31 March.
[See also certificate, archive file].
4) BJF, 1954-1955, Journey to Mars, Art studies project, Peterborough: The Kings School.
5) BJF, 1961, [BJF cartoon] Hes stopped yelling for a bottle ... The Leech [medical students] magazine, 30 October.
6) BJF, 1962, [Cartoons]
Outrage student magazine, 20 February.
7) BJF, 1963, The Beauty in a Snowflake [picture feature], Western Mail, 18 February.
8) Report, 1963, Brian J Fords [snowflake] Christmas Card, Western Mail, 24 December.
9) Anon, 1964, Driving Two Cars, [Diary Note, with cartoon by Brian J Ford], Western Mail, leader page, n.d. February.
10) BJF, 1964, Micrographic Studies of Hydra viridis, [Award Winning Entry] Royal Photographic Society, 9 September.
11) BJF, 1964, Micro Art - report on Royal Photographic Societys Annual Exhibition, Western Mail, 14 September.
12) Anon, 1966, The Beauty in a Snowflake, illustrated with a series of Colour Micrographs by Brian J Ford, New Knowledge, 5 (5): 850.
13) BJF, 1966, Lecture Course, Science for Art Students: Units 3-6: Society, Ăsthetics and Science Newport, Monmouthshire: College of Art and Design, 1966-1967.
14) Report, with picture, 1966, Experiment to Bridge gap between Art and Science, South Wales Argus, 29 November.
15) Picture feature, 1966, Art Students Visit, South Wales Argus, 30 November.
16) Anon, 1967, Cartoon Comparison, South Wales Echo [leader page] p6, March.
17) BJF, 1967, The Vision in the Window Explained, British Journal of Photography, 114 (5580): 550-554, June.
18) BJF, 1968, A Subjective Means of Visual Comparison, Photographic Journal, 108, (4): 102-105, April.
19) BJF, 1969, Hills into holes into hills, New Scientist, 43, (676): 412-413, 20 November.
20) BJF, 1970, BJF, 1971, Illustrations (photographic and line-drawings) for Microbiology and Food, [hardback edition] 212pp, ISBN 0 950 1665 020X, London: Northwood, December.
[paperback edition] 212pp, ISBN 0 950 1665 1 0, London: Northwood, December.
22) BJF, 1971, Is Seeing Believing? British Journal of Photography, 118 (5808): 1014-1018, 12 November.
22a) BJF, 1975, Presenter of Kaleidoscope Omnibus, BBC Radio Four, combining science and arts in daily magazine format.
23) BJF, 1976, Illustrations (line and stipple) in Microbe Power: Tomorrows Revolution, 182pp, ISBN 0-356-08384-5, London: Macdonald and Janes, 22 July.
24) [US hardback edition], 183pp, ISBN 0-8128-1936-5, New York: Stein & Day, September.
25) [US paperback edition], 183pp, ISBN 0-8128-6006-3, New York: Scarborough Books.
26) BJF, 1978, Microbe Power [French edition, translation], ISBN unknown, Paris: Seuil.
27) BJF, 1979, Microbe Power [Japanese edition, translation by H. Iizuka], 980 yen, 266pp, ISBN unknown, Tokyo: Kodan Sha, September.
28) Award, 1982, View of Leeuwenhoeks Specimens through the Microscope at Utrecht [third prizewinner in] Annual International Photographic Exhibition, Institute of Science Technology, April.
29) List, 1984, Micrograph Prizewinners, Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society, 19, (4): 186.
30) Report, 1984, BJF chairs House Dinner, Science and Art, Drumbeat No 10, Winter issue.
31) Ford, Brian J., 1985, Feedback, Start - Magazine for Literature & Arts: 3, September/October.
32) Award, 1985, Technical Category Photomicrographs, Annual International Photographic Competition, London: Institute of Science Technology, Autumn.
33) Howe, D., 1989, Art and Science, [Report of Brian J Ford at the Savage Club], Drumbeat: 26, March issue.
34) Announcement, 1993, BJF to lecture on The R˘le of Ăsthetics in Biology, International Society for the History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology Newsletter, 5 (1): 5.
35) Daerr, N., 1993, Brian J Ford lecture at Inter Micro 93: An Evening with Brian - Mistakes in Illustrating the Modern World of Science, July 19, Symposium Program, Chicago: McCrone Research, May.
36) BJF, 1993, Art as Science, Science as Art - The R˘le of Ăsthetics in the History of Biology, International Society for the History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology, Brandeis University, Boston (1500h, 17 July).
37) BJF, 1993, Lecture to Inter Micro 93: An Evening with Brian: Mistakes in Illustrating Modern Science, (2000h, 19 July), Chicago: McCormick Center.
38) Announcement, 1993, BJF Prize-winner in Institute of Science Technology Photographic Competition, Laboratory 93 Exhibition, London: Earls Court, 6 October.
39) Report, 1993, Ford brings Brown to Life [with colour picture of prize-winning photograph], Microscopy News, 1: 1 [distributed with Laboratory News, 506] December.
40) Silver, Sue, 1994, IOB Stand proves a great success at Lab-Ex, with illustration, [reports BJF at Laboratory Exhibition, with prize-winning photographs], Biologist, 41 (1): 45, February.
41) McCrone, Walter, 1993, reports and comments on: An Evening with Brian: Mistakes in Illustrating the Modern World of Science, The Microscope, 41 (2/3): 68.
42) Poster, 1994, BJF to lecture on Information and Misinformation in the Images of Science, London: British Library, 4 March.
43) Announcement, 1994, BJF to lecture on Information and
Misinformation in the Images of Science, Times Literary
Supplement: 24, 11 March
[also in other publications, e.g. Time Out].
44) BJF, 1994, Information and Misinformation in the Images of Science, illustrated lecture for SET7, 1300h, The Rotunda, Science Reference Library, Holborn, London, 24 March.
45) BJF, 1994, The Pioneer Microscopists' View of Biology [poster presentation, reprint on file], London: The Linnean Society Conversazione, 15 June, 1930h. See also Conversazione Programme: 8, June.
46) BJF, 1994, Exhibition of Scientific Photographs, Inter Micro 94, Chicago: McCrone Research Institute, 19-21 July.
47) Verdecchia, E, 1994, Front-cover feature and interview with Brian J Ford on art in science, Milan: Panorama.
48) Ford, Brian J.,1996, Images Imperfect, the Legacy of Scientific Illustration, [chapter in] Yearbook of Science and the Future: 134-157, Chicago: Encyclopedia Britannica.
49) BJF., 1999, Witnessing the Birth of the Microscope, [photographic essay in] Millennium Yearbook of Science and the Future 2000: 192-209, Chicago: Encyclopedia Britannica.
50) BJF, 2000, Eighteenth Century Scientific Publishing, [chapter in] Thornton and Tully's Scientific Books, Libraries and Collectors, ed. Andrew Hunter: 216-257, London: Quaritch, March.
51) BJF, 2001, Scientific Illustration in the Eighteenth Century, (chapter), in press, New York: Cambridge University Press.