BJF, 2012, illustrated presentations aboard Cunard, MV Queen Victoria, Panama Discovery voyage:
- Genius of the Cell, Royal Court Theatre, 5 January, 1215-1255h.
- Dangers of the Internet, Royal Court Theatre, 15 January, 1515-1655h.
- Secret Weapons of World War II, Royal Court Theatre, 17 January, 1215-1255h.
- Future Food from Tomorrow's Laboratories, Royal Court Theatre, 18 January, 1000-1045h
Sailing: San Pedro, Los Angeles, California - Manzanillo, Mexico - Huatulco, Mexico - Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala - Puerto Corinto, Nicaragua - Puerto Caldera, Costa Rico - Oranjestadt, Aruba - Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. 4-19 January.
Report, 2012, Brian J Ford to teach residential course: Hidden Underworld, what the Microscope reveals, at Madingley Hall, Cambridge University Continuing Education Brochure, February.
Neubauer, Ute, 2012, (quotes Brian J Ford in) Saftig, Lecker, Künstlich! PM Magazin, 2012, 2: 57-61.
Report, 2012, Bench unveiled in village centre, Peterborough Evening Telegraph, 3 February.
BJF, 2012, Cruise Crazy (illustrated feature on ten years as a guest speaker), [page 1], [page 2]. Cruise International: 87-88, February.
Reveille, Matthew, 2012, Fancy a mite bite to eat in future? (profile with colour photo), Peterborough Evening Telegraph: 3, 8 February.
[See also on-line report: Peterborough Today, 13 February 2012].
BJF, 2012, after-dinner speech to the Natsci Society annual dinner, Caius College, Cambridge University: 2000, 15 February.
BJF, 2012, illustrated presentations aboard Cruise and Maritime, MS Marco Polo, Land of the Northern Lights cruise:
- Searching for the Northern Lights, Marco Polo Lounge, 1500-1545h, 19 February.
- Capturing the Aurora on Camera, Marco Polo Lounge, 11500-1145h, 20 February.
- Secret Legacy of WWII, Marco Polo Lounge, 1500-1545h, 21 February.
- Secrets about Facebook that your Children don't Know, Marco Polo Lounge, 1130-1145h, 28 February.
- What will be Eating Tomorrow? Marco Polo Lounge, 1530-1615hh, 1 March.
Sailing: Tilbury, London - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Svartisen Glacier, Norway - Svolvaer, Lofoten Islands - Narvik, Norway - Tromsø, Norway - Alta, Norway - Bergen, Norway - London, Tilbury. 17 February-2 March.
Anon, 2012, Hidden Underworld, what the Microscope reveals, [in] Programme of Residential Courses, Cambridge University: Institute of Continuing Education, 2-4 March.
BJF, 2012, explaining the future of food to Home of the Future, produced by TwoFour Television: Channel Four TV, 1900h, 4 March.
Barnham, James, 2012, [cites cell intelligence paper in Interdisciplinary Science Reviews, q.v., in] Normativity, agency, and life, Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, 43 (1) 92-103, March.
BJF, 2012, The Power of the Plagiarist, Bulletin of Friends of Cambridge University Library 32: 29-33, February.
BJF, 2012, Half Century of Fellowship, InFocus, Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society 25: 34-43, March [see also editorial comments by Dr Tim Watson, ibid: 3].
Garber, Richard, 2012, blog reporting Critical Focus No 4 on lecturing: 'Joyful Public Speaking, from Fear to Joy', 8 March.
Prime, Philip, 2012, promotional video for new dinosaur theory on Laboratory News website, 30 March.
BJF 2012, A Prehistoric Revolution, Laboratory News: 24-26, 3 April.
- Tom Fielden on the BBC Today programme, 0720h, 3 April 2012.
- Video summary with Brian J Ford, 30 March 2012.
- Original article in Laboratory News: 3 April 2012.
- Hannah Furness, Daily Telegraph on-line, 3 April 2012.
- Tamara Cohen in the Daily Mail on-line, 3 April 2012.
- Did dinosaurs live in water? Unexplained Mysteries site.
- The Independent of Ireland on-line.
- B S Akshaya, International Business Times, 3 April 2012.
- Report by James Waldron, TNT Magazine, 3 April 2012.
- Interviewed by BBC Five Live, 0635-0640h, 3 April.
- Interviwed by Good Morning Wales, BBC, 0650-0655h, 3 April
- Feature by Tom Feilden, Today programme, BBC Radio 4, 0820-0825h.
- Interviewed by BBC World Service, 0725-0730h, 3 April.
- Interviewed by BBC Oxford, Producer Harry Beer, 1415-1420h, 3 April.
- Intervewed by Ireland National Radio, 1435-1445h, 3 April.
- Interviewed on Drive Time, BBC Scotland, 1620-1625h, 3 April.
- Breakfast Show, ABC, Canberra, Australia, 2045-2055h, 3 April
(0745-0755h, 4 April in Australia)
Report, 2012, Saurier waren Amphibien in German magazine P.M. Welt des Wissens, 13 April.
BJF, 2012, illustrated presentations aboard Cunard, MV Queen Victoria V210, Mediterranean Delights voyage:
BJF, 2012, Illustrated presentations aboard Cruise & Maritime, MS Marco Polo Treasures of the British Isles cruise.
- Dad's Army and the Secret Weapon, Royal Court Theatre, 1215-1300h, 23 April.
- What the Children don't know about Facebook, Royal Court Theatre, 1000-1045h, 24 April.
- Future Food from Tomorrow's Laboratories, Royal Court Theatre, 1215-1300h, 1 May.
- Bring the Dinosaurs to Life, Royal Court Theatre, 1000-1045h, 3 May.
- Where did we Come From? Royal Court Theatre, 1215-1300h, 4 May.
See also: Wake up with Paul (O'Loughlin) television interview, 26 April 2012.
Sailing: Southampton, England - Gibraltar, Great Britain - Alghero, Sardinia - Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy - Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Barcelona, Spain - Lisbon, Portugal - Southampton, England. 21 April-5 May.
- Dad's Army and the Legacy of Secret Weapons, Marco Polo Lounge, 1100-1200h, 14 May.
- Bringing the Dinosaurs to Life, Marco Polo Lounge, 1500-1600h, 14 May.
- Marvels down the Microscope, Marco Polo Lounge, 1100-1200h, 21 May.
- You Choose the Subject:
Marco Polo Lounge, 1500-1600h, 22 May.
- 1: What's the meaning of 'genome'?
- 2: Inheritable diseases.
- 3: Are there substitutes for oil (about which the authorities keep silent?)
- 4: Chaos theory.
- 5: Can we travel faster than light?
- 6: Explain the time-lag in distant broadcasts.
- 7: Could all life be exterminated (or some remain)?
- 8: Pre-Cambrian life and the Burgess Shales.
- 9: Are we colonies of amoebae?
- 10: The pyramids, etc - was God an Astronaut?
- 11: Where instinct ends and intelligence begins …
Sailing: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England - Honfleur, France - St Helier, Jersey - St Mary's, Isles of Scilly - Milford Haven, Wales - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Tobermory, Isle of Mull - Kirkwall, Orkney - Invergordon, Scotland - Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England. 13 May - 24 May 2012.
BJF, 2012, Critical Focus column No 9: Fify Years in Microscopy, The Microscope, 60 (1): 17-25, June.
News, 2012, Brian J Ford examinations reform campaign cited by the Campaign for One Exam Board, currently in the news (e.g.: The Guardian), 21 June.
BJF, 2012, Science on Television - Reality TV, Biologist, 59 (2): 19-20, July.
BJF, 2012, The Birth of Microscopic Vision, illustrated presentation jointly organized by the Georgia Microscopical Society, MVA Associates, and Gwinnett Technical College, 1600-1700h, 5 July.
BJF, 2012, Human Spontaneous Combustion [preview of An Evening with Brian], illustrated presentation to invited audience for Rich Brown, Duluth, Georgia, 1900-200h, 7 July.
BJF, 2012, Presentations at Inter Micro 2012:
- An Evening with Brian: When Living Cells make Humans Explode, 1900-2010h, 16 July.
- What the Cells in a Dinosaurs Tail tell us about a Dinosaur's Evolution, 1400-1425h, 17 July.
- Analysis Paralysis - how Live Blood Analysis became the Crock of Gold, 1420-1445h, 18 July.
McCrone Research Institute, Chicago.
BJF, 2012, Full lecture Spontaneous Human Combustion in 'An Evening with Brian' on Chinese website from Taiwan.
BJF, 2012, contributions on secret weapons to the BBC Worldwide program 'In Search of the Smart Bomb', Top Secret Weapons Revealed, produced by Kimberley Hogg for World Media Rights [USA screening], 14 August.
BJF, 2012, Critical Focus column No 10: Solving the mystery of Spontaneous Human Combustion, The Microscope, 60 (2): 63-72.
BJF, 2012, The Big Burn Theory, Big Idea column, New Scientist: 30-31, 18 August.
Patterson, Colin and Garraway, Kate, 2012, interview Brian J Ford on spontaneous human combustion theory, Weekend Breakfast programme: 0620-0625h, 18 August.
McMenamin, Adrian, 2012, Burn baby, burn, human spontaneous combustion explained, Cartesian Product Science Blog, 18 August 2012.
Allen, Rachel, 2012, Professor gets crackling on human combustion theory, Cambridge News On-line edition, 20 August.
Allen, Rachel, 2012, Professor gets crackling on human combustion theory, Cambridge News: 9, 21 August.
Ceurstemont, Sandrine, 2012, edited extracts of spontaneous combustion lecture, New Scientist TV, 21 August.
BJF, 2012, contributions on secret weapons to the BBC Worldwide program 'The Flying Soldier', Top Secret Weapons Revealed, produced by Kimberley Hogg for World Media Rights [USA screening], 21 August.
Veereman, Elmar, 2012, report on spontaneous human combustion quotes Brian J Ford in Zelfontbranding, Wetenschap-24, 22 August.
McMan, Scott 2012, Spontaneous Human Combustion: has the Mystery been Solved?, (states: 'Hats off to Professor Ford! Give him some more grant money ...'), Ghost Theory Skeptical site, 23 August.
McCullum, Belinda, 2012, Spontaneous human combustion explained with belly pork, Epoch Times, 24 August.
NOTE: Google search for "spontaneous human combustion" "brian j ford" cumulative totals:
- 18 Aug 48 sites
- 20 Aug 848 sites
- 25 Aug 1,770 sites
- 26 Aug 3,640 sites
BJF, 2012, contributions to TV documentary 'Nazi War Machines', Secret Weapons Revealed, producer Kimberley Hogg, Discovery Channel/BBC Worldwide, 28 August.
Report, La combustion spontanée enfin théorisée, Civilisation 2.0, 28 August.
Porter, Carmen, 2012, report on spontaneous human combustion theory, Cuarto Milenio Spanish Television, programme 285, 9 September. On-line from the Cuarto Milenio programme.
Report, 2012, Selbstentzündung von Menschen wissenschaftlich erklärt, Stimme Russlands, 13 September.
BJF, 2012, illustrated presentations for Scholarship@Sea, Princess Cruises M/V Grand Princess, Adriatic and Mediterranean cruise:
- Secret Weapons of World War II, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 5 September.
- Amazing Legacy of WWII, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 6 September.
- The Cradle of Humanity, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 8 September.
- Secret Language of Life, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 9 September.
- Watch out for the Expert, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 11 September.
- Dinosaur Revolution, Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 16 September.
- What will you be eating tomorrow? Princess Theater, 1100-1150h, 17 September.
Sailing: Southampton, England; Cádiz, Spain; Valletta, Malta; Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Split, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Gibraltar, Great Britain; Southampton, England, 4-21 September.
Jones, Kenny, 2012, interviewed Brian J Ford on spontaneous human combustion theory, Talk Radio Europe, 2115-2145h, 24 September.
Luaga, Eric and Goldstein, Raymond E., 2012, [acknowledges collaboration and advice in] Dance of the Microswimmers, Physics Today: 35, September.
BJF, 2012, reviews Principles of Biology, Nature Education, Biologist 59 (4): 44.
Shiels, Natasha, 2012, report on Brian J Ford in new TV series, Whittlesea magazine: 5, October.
Palmer, Roxanne, 2012, Men on Fire, How Does Spontaneous Combustion Happen? International Business Times, 4 October.
Thadeusz, Frank, 2012, Lebende Fackel [trans: Living Torch], article in German on Brian J Ford's spontaneous human combustion theory, Der Spiegel, 43: 150, October.
Rakitina, Aljena, 2012, Selbstentzündung oder was steckt dahinter? Stimme Russlands, 11 October.
Rakitina, Aljena, 2012, Le mystère de la combustion spontanée élucidé, La Voix de la Russe, 11 October.
Report, Le mystère de la combustion spontanée éclairci, Alterinfo.net, 14 September
Drysdale, Dougal, 2012, Dying Embers, letter to the editor re spontaneous human combustion, New Scientist, 9 October.
Jones, Kenny, 2012, interviewed Brian J Ford on the meat book and the future of food, Talk Radio Europe, 2115-2135h, 15 October.
Healy, Robin, 2012, Spontaneous science and 2019 scan, (illustrated interview with Brian J Ford), Mensa Magazine: front cover and pp 8-11, November.
BJF, 2012, illustrated PowerPoint presentations aboard Cunard Line RMS Queen Mary 2 cruise QM229N, Canary Islands voyage,
- Forgotten Echoes of WWII, Illuminations Theatre, 1000-1045h, 7 November.
- Secret Language of Nature, Illuminations Theatre, 1100-1145h, 12 November.
- How the Experts are Taking Over, Illuminations Theatre, 1530-1615h, 14 November.
- You Choose the Topic:
o Global warming - so why is Antarctica becoming colder?
o Reverseing the 'tipping point' for Siberian methane release?
o The role of the Inquisition in Iberia.
o 'Research has shown … '
o I need a mobile phone that does not need recharging.
o Will DNA testing - allow us a single annual visit to the doctor?
o Ebergy sources: nuclear, coal, gas and 'green'.
o Adacemic students are not advised to enter manufacturing.
o Have we REALLY been to the Moon?
o BBC - trials and tribulations
o With high-tech medicine, is there a danger of creating something we don't like?
o Hand gel - does it kill good bugs as well as bad?
o Are we economically doomed?
Illuminations Theatre, 1000-1045h, 15 November.
See also Wake up with Paul (O'Loughlin) television interview, 7 and 12 November 2012 (recordings on file).
Sailing: Southampton, England - Funchal, Madeira - Santa Cruz, La Palma - Las Palmas, Tenerife - Las Palmas, Gran Canaria - Lisbon, Portugal - Southampton, England, 4-16 November.
Webber, Frank, 2012, Memories of a cause of natural combustion, [letter to editor, in] Mensa Magazine: 15, December.
Fox, Bill, 2012, Accepted science?, [letter to editor, in] Mensa Magazine: 16, December.
Kalder, Daniel, 2013, interviews with Brian J Ford [in] High Steaks, Esquire magazine: 140-149, November. (See also: interview from article).
BJF, 2012, Critical Focus column No 11: Aquatic Dinosaurs under the Lens, The Microscope 60 (3) 123-131.
Hay, William, 2012, [letter in support of] Aquatic Dinosaurs, The Microscope 60 (4) 179.
Henderson, Donald, 2012, [letter refuting] Aquatic Dinosaurs, The Microscope 60 (4) 179-80.
BJF, 2012, [response to Henderson on] Aquatic Dinosaurs, The Microscope 60 (4) 180.
BJF, 2012, Critical Focus column No 12: The Microscope and the Caveman, The Microscope 60 (4) 157-165, 2012. (Published February 2013).