Denman, Amy, 2017, I found wild Hitler plans, interview with Brian J Ford on WWII, The University Newspaper: 1, 3, January.
BJF, 2016, Fantastic Physics, and Worlds We Never See, The Microscope 64 (3): 119-129.
Sansom, Kath, 2017, Bus service for Eastrea - but would people use it says councillor? Cambs Times online, 31 January.
Sansom, Kath, 2017, Professor Brian's bus service plea, Cambs News: 4, 3 February.
Report, 2017, Local scientist returns to our screens, Discovering Whittlesea magazine: 11, February.
Report, 2017, Brian J Ford in the Hot Seat, Discovering Whittlesea magazine: 35, February.
Elliott, Chris, 2017, Scientists spending too much money on space and not enough on 'startling' discoveries on Earth, says Cambridge professor, Cambridge News online, 3 February.
Announcement, 2017, Prof. Brian J Ford awarded Honorary Fellowship, Royal Microscopical Society, 3 March.
Announcement, 2017, Honorary Fellowship announced, Royal Microscopical Society website, 3 March.
Announcement, 2017, Brian J Ford guest speaker on Queen Elizabeth cruise, Cunard: online brochure, March.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania Cruises M/S Insignia, Caribbean Hideaways voyage:
- Create Caribbean Memories that won’t be Forgotten (75-406) Riviera Lounge, 7 March, 10:00h
- The Secret Story of Piracy (75-407) Riviera Lounge, 8 March, 10:00h
- Who really Discovered America? (75-408) Riviera Lounge, 11 March, 10:00h
- Hidden Wildlife that we Never See (75-409) Riviera Lounge, 14 March, 10:00h
- The Secret Life of Facebook (75-410) Riviera Lounge, 15 March, 10:00h
- Extraordinary food we will be Eating Tomorrow (75-411) Riviera Lounge, 7 March, 14:00h
Sailing: Miami, Florida, United States; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St John's, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados;
Castries, Saint Lucia; Philipsburg, Sint Maarten; Miami, Florida, United States.
Announcement, 2017, plenary speakers for Microscience Microscopy Congress 2017 announced; Oxford: mmc17, 20 March.
Report, 2017, Congratulations to Brian Ford [brief note on 100th lecture to inter/Micro], InFocus magazine 45: 64, March.
Report, 2017, See MMC - don't miss it [reports Brian J Ford plenary lecture], Imaging and Microscopy 1/2017: 15, March.
Announcement, 2017. Brian J Ford guest speaker aboard Cunard voyage to Spain and Portugal, www.cunard.com, March.
Report, 2017, opening ceremony report on El Museo de la Evolución Humana presenta la exposición El amigo de Vermeer - el ojo y la lente, Dr Tomás Camacho with Brian J Ford investigations of Leeuwenhoek microscope, Burgos TV online, 7 April.
Announcement, 2017, plenary speakers for Microscience Microscopy Congress 2017 announced; Oxford: mmc17, 13 April.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations aboard Cunard Line, MV Queen Elizabeth, Spain and Portugal voyage:
- Where Iberia came from, (76-412) Royal Court Theatre, 13 May, 14:00h
- How to keep your Computer safe, (76-413) Royal Court Theatre, 18 May, 10:00h
Sailing: Southampton, UK; Vigo, Galicia, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Leixões (for Oporto), Portugal; St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands; Southampton, UK.
BJF, 2017, Critical Focus No 27, Beer and Pizza: A Slice of Ancient Life, The Microscope 64 (4): 173-185.
Announcement, 2017, 100 Talks in 60 Minutes, "An Evening with Brian" at Inter/Micro 2017, Chicago, Illinois: McCrone Research Institute, 24 May.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations at Inter/Micro, Chicago.
- An Evening with Brian: 100 Talks in 60 Minutes, 1900h, 12 June
- Microbe power in a prehistoric pizza, 1600h, 13 June
- Imaginary Microorganisms and Impossible Worlds, 1530h, 14 June
Chicago: McCrone Research Institute.
BJF, 2017, Mystery of the $½ million microscope in the mud, presentation to Gwinnett College, Atlanta: Georgia Microscopical Society, 1930h.
Report, 2017, Brian J Ford announced as new honorary fellow of Royal Microscopical Society, InFocus magazine 46: 76-77, June.
Announcement, 2017, Complex constructs from the simple Microscope, lecture-demonstration to Department of History and Philosophy of Science, Whipple museum, Cambridge University, (on-line abstract), July.
Report, 2017, plenary lecture announcement: Revelation and the living cell, a perplexing past and phenomenal future, mmc2017 brochure [supplement to] Microscopy and Analysis 30: 11, July.
Report, 2017, Prof Ford celebrates in the States report, Discovering Whittlesea: 16, July.
BJF, 2017, Revelation and the living cell, a perplexing past and phenomenal future, plenary lecture to Microscopy and Microscience 2017, Royal Microscopical Society, Manchester: Convention Centre, 1700-1730h, 7 July.
Peckham, Michelle, 2017, From the President [with brief report of Brian J Ford plenary address at mmc2017 conference], InFocus - Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society 47: 74.
BJF, 2017, Critical Focus No 28: The Latest Tally: 100 lectures and counting, The Microscope, 65 (1): 21-31.
BJF, 2017, Lecturing on Microscopy, Microscopy Today doi:10.1017/2 S1551929517000426, September.
Pool, Rebecca, 2017, Life through a Microscope [profile], Microscopy and Microanalysis 32: 6-8, October.
BJF, 2017, Complex constructs from the Simple Microscope, lecture-demonstration at Department of History and Philosophy of Science, Whipple Museum, Cambridge University, 11:00-12:30, 19 October.
BJF, 2017, Illustrated presentations aboard Oceania Cruise Line's M/V Insignia "Stars to Shores" cruise:
- The Secrets Behind Facebook (77-414) Insignia lounge, 31 October, 11:00h
- The Secret Story of Piracy (77-415) Insignia lounge, 12 November, 09:15h
- Who really discovered America? (77-416) Insignia lounge, 15:15h
- The microscopic wildlife all around us that people never see (77-417) Insignia lounge, 14:15h
- How the Caribbean came to be (77-418) Insignia lounge, 8 November, 17:15h
- How amateurs created the modern world (77-419) Insignia lounge, 9 November, 15:00h
- What will we Eat in the Future? (77-420) Insignia lounge, 12 November, 10:00h
- Dinosaurs Live Again (77-421) Insignia lounge, 13 November, 14:00h
Sailing: Manhattan, New York; St. George, Bermuda; Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St Lucia; St George's, Grenada; Oranjestad, Aruba; Santa Marta, Colombia; Miami, Florida.
31 October-14 November.
BJF, 2017, Critical Focus No 29: Tomorrow’s Germs Threaten Today’s Lifestyles, The Microscope, 65 (2): 85-94.
O'Leary, Colum (2017) [comments on "Professor Brian Ford's thought-provoking lecture"] InFocus, Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society, 48: 64-75.
BJF (2017) Cellular intelligence: Microphenomenology and the realities of being, Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology 131: 273-287.
BJF, 2017, Illustrated presentations aboard Cunard Queen Elizabeth voyage no: Q801, “Canaries and Spain” at Christmas:
- How the Canary Islands were Born (78-422) Royal Court Theatre, 10:00h, 24 December
- Secret Story of Christmas (78-423) Royal Court Theatre, 14:00h, 26 December
- Capturing Christmas for Tomorrow (78-423) 11:00h, Royal Court Theatre
Sailing: Southampton; Arrecife, Lanzarote; Las Palmas de Gran Canaria; Santa Cruz de Tenerife; Santa Catarina, Las Palma; Funchal, Madeira; Seville, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; La Coruña, Spain; Southampton. 23
December 2017 – 7 January 2018.
BJF, 2017, Critical Focus No 30, Still Waiting for Cures After All These Years, The Microscope 65 (4): 159-169.
BJF, 2018, article on plenary speech at mmc17 (in preparation), InFocus - Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society, March.