Report, 2018, onboard speaker biography from Cunard brocuhure.
BJF, 2018, Illustrated presentations aboard Cunard Queen Elizabeth voyage no: Q801, 'Canaries and Spain' at Christmas:
- How the Canary Islands were Born (78-422) Royal Court Theatre, 10:00h, 24 December
- Secret Story of Christmas (78-423) Royal Court Theatre, 14:00h, 26 December
- Capturing Christmas for Tomorrow (78-424) 11:00h, Royal Court Theatre
See also: passeneger's post online.
Sailing: Southampton; Arrecife, Lanzarote; Las Palmas de Gran Canaria; Santa Cruz de Tenerife; Santa Catarina, Las Palma; Funchal, Madeira; Seville, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; La Coruna, Spain; Southampton.
23 December 2017 - 7 January 2018.
Report, 2018, publisher's announcement:
- Too Big to Walk, Harper Collins, February. See also:
- Announced on Amazon online.
- Announced on NHBS web site.
- Announced on W. H. Smith site.
- Announced on Wild Sounds site.
- Announced on Waterstones online.
- Announced on Book Depository site,
- Announced on Platekompaniet, Norway.
- Announced on Standaard Boekhandel, Netherlands.
- Announced on exlibris, Switzerland.
- Announced on Libres Libre, Montenegro.
- Announced on Amazon, France.
- Announced on Amazon Japan.
and many others.
Wiseman, Eva, 2018, Breaking the cycle - women are learning to love their hormones [cites Brian J Ford on Secret Weapons of WWII], The Guardian online, 25 February.
BJF, 2018, Microscopical Realities and Fake News, InFocus, Proceedings of the Royal Microscopical Society, 49: 38-53, March.
Report, 2018, featured lecturer's biography from the SS Explorer brochure.
BJF, 2018, Illustrated presentations aboard Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Paraiso Eterno voyage
- Capture Caribbean Memories that Won't be Forgotten (79-425) Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 12 March.
- The Secret Story of the Caribbean Pirates (79-426) Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 13 March.
- Hidden Caribbean Wildlife that you Never See (79-427) Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 18 March.
- What will we Eat in the Future? Constellation Theatre (79-428) 10:00h, 19 March.
Sailing: Miami, Florida, United States; Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis, West Indies; Castries, St Lucia; St John's, Antigua; Gustavia, Saint Barthélemy; Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas; Miami, Florida, United States.
11-21 March 2018. (Passenger's comment online.)
Naish, Darren, 2018, comments on forthcoming aquatic dinosaur debate in London, TetZoo blog, March.
Report, 2018, Local author's big revelations (with photograph), Discovering Whittlesea magazine, 165: 15, April.
Naish, Darren, 2018, The Ford Debate, Scientific American blog, 17 April.
Announcement, 2018, aquatic dinosaur debate ("The Ford Debate"), original announcement, London: Conway Hall, 18 April.
Announcement, 2018, aquatic dinosaur debate ("The Ford Debate"), amended announcement, London: Conway Hall, 26 April.
BJF, 2018, Critical Focus No 31: Can we Understand Obesity? Fat Chance, The Microscope 66 (1): 35-45, 2018.
Report, 2018, Brian J Ford to present The Robot and the Single Cell, Inter/Micro 18, Chicago: McCrone Research Institute, April.
BJF, 2018, Were Dinosaurs too Big to Walk? Illustrated presentation at the Ford Debate, London: Conway Hall, 15 May.
Carlos Prego, 2018, El microscopio de Leeuwenhoek que emergió del lodo y terminó subastado en eBay , [reports Brian J Ford and the Camacho microscope], Hipertextual, 25 May.
BJF, 2018, Critical Focus No 32: AI: Artificial, Yes. Intelligent, Not, The Microscope 66 (2): 71-83, 2018.
Alzbeta Semrova, 2018, Zahada samovzniceni: Dokaze telo vykresat jiskru? [Czech report of Brian J Ford research into spontaneous human combustion], Epocha Plus magazine, 4 June.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations at Inter/Micro 18:
- An Evening with Brian: The Robot and the Single Cell, 19:00h, 11 June
- Antibiotic anarchy, 16:00h, 12 June
- Aquatic Dinosaur Update II, 14:00h, 12 June
Chicago: McCrone Research Institute.
James Morris, J A Hoegenboezem & Cal, 2018, Online reviews of Too Big to Walk(q.v.), on Amazon.co.uk, from 6 June.
Simes, 2018, Online review of Too Big to Walk (q.v.), on Amazon.co.uk, 15 June.
BJF, 2018, Jurassic Arc, The Big Issue: 30, 18-24 June.
John R. Orr, 2018, Online review of Too Big to Walk (q.v.), on Amazon.co.uk, 24 June.
BJF, 2018, featured in Murder in Soho: Who killed Freddie Mills? Producer Simon Dales, 21:00-22:30, BBC Four television, 1 August [see also BBC television trailer].
Routledge, Paul, 2018, reports Brian J Ford in Did boxer Freddie Mills commit suicide or was he murdered by the Mafia? New BBC show delves into mystery, Daily Mirror, 27 July. (See extract of documentary online.)
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Regent Seven Seas Explorer 'Tales of Kings and Tsars' cruise:
- Where did the Baltic Come From? (80-429) Constellation Theatre, 21:00h, 4 August
- The Robot and the Russian (80-430), Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 9 August
- Camera Magic (80-431), Constellation Theatre, 17:00h, 8 August
- Invisible Wildlife around us (80-432), Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 12 August
- Cruising through WWII Secret Weapons (80-433), Constellation Theatre, 15:00h, 12 August
Sailing: Stockholm, Sweden; Tallin, Estonia; St Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Rostock, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark.
BJF, 2018, Critical Focus No 33: The Life Force That Breaks All the Rules, The Microscope 66 (3): 117-127.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania MV Regatta 'Glistening Glaciers' voyage:
- Coming to Alaska (81-434), Regatta lounge, 8 September.
- Alaska’s Greatest Wildlife (81-435), Regatta lounge, 9 September
- Taking Amazing Alaskan Pictures (81-436), Regatta lounge, 10 September
- Alaska’s Greatest Spectacle (81-437), Regatta lounge, 14 September.
- The Alaskan Wolf holds the clue that made us Human (81-438), Regatta lounge, 16 September.
- How Alaska Got Here (81-439), Regatta lounge.
Sailing: Seattle, Washington, USA; Inside Passage, Alaska; Hubbard Glacier, Alaska; Icy Strait Point and Hoonah, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Sitka, Alaska; Victoria, Vancouver Island; Vancouver, British Columbia.
See online closing comments from the final presentation.
BJF, 2018, Critical Focus No 34: Feces, from Start to Finish, The Microscope 66 (4): 166-176.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania MV Insignia ‘Allure of Autumn’ voyage:
- How North America was Born (82-440), Insignia Lounge: 17:00, 25 September.
- Camera Secrets Revealed (82-441), Insignia Lounge: 14:00h, 26 September.
- Finding America (82-442), Insignia Lounge: 10:00h, 27 September.
- The Hidden Fable of the Fall (82-443), Insignia Lounge, 15:00h, 27 September.
- Wonders of the Northern Lights (82-444), Insignia Lounge: 09:300h, 29 September.
- Fantastic Foods from the Future (82-445), Insignia Lounge: 17:030h, 01 October.
Sailing: Montreal, Canada; Quebec, Canada; Saguenay, Canada; Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada; Portland, Maine, USA; Boston, Massachusetts, USA; Newport, Rhode Island, USA; Manhattan, New York City, USA.
23 September-3 October.
Report, 2018, Cruise Director's report on lecture tour, Regent Seven Seas.
Carter, Shawn, 2018, Cruise Director's endorsement from lecture cruises, Oceania Cruise Line.
BJF, 2018, Hidden Realities, Pulse 40: 6-7, London: Linnean Society, December.