BJF, 2016, Illustrated presentations aboard MV Queen Victoria, World Voyage Caribbean sector:
- 387 How dinosaurs lived, Royal Court Theatre: 1100h, 29 January
- 388 The mystery of the microscope in the mud, Royal Court Theatre: 1000h, 1 February
- 389 Shocking secrets of Facebook, Royal Court Theatre: 1215h, 2 February
- 390 Miracle weapons of WWII, Royal Court Theatre: 1000h, 3 February
Sailing: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA; Oranjestad, Aruba, Dutch West Indies; Cartegeña, Colombia; Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala; Los Angeles, California, USA. 21 January-5 February.
Annoucement, 2016, Ada Smith Memorial lecture: The Truth about Three New Leeuwenhoek Microscopes, Illustrated presentation to Microscopical Society of Southern California: 1900h, Wildwood School, Santa Monica, California, January.
Announcement, 2016, Finding New Microscopes from the Dawn of Science, lecture announcement for 3 April 2016, Science Centre Singapore, February.
BJF, 2016, Ada Smith Memorial lecture: The Truth about Three New Leeuwenhoek Microscopes, Illustrated presentation to Microscopical Society of Southern California, Wildwood School, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, California, 1900-200hh: 5 February.
BJF, 2015, illustrated presentations aboard Cunard MV Queen Elizabeth, world voyage 603-5:
- 391 Hidden Wildlife we Never See, Royal Court Theatre, 1215-1300h, 31 March
- 392 WWII Secrets in the Modern World, Royal Court Theatre, 1100-1145h, 3 April
- 393 You Choose the Subject:
Royal Court Theatre, 1000-1045h, 5 April
- Crucial role of human resources in a technological era
- Why is the Earth round?
- Navigating by degrees
- Arabic numerals
- Geomagnetic north pole
- Symmetry of the Universe
- Rise and fall of British Empire
Sailing: Hong Kong, China; Nha Trang, Vietman; Marina Bay, Singapore; Penang, Malaysia; Phuket, Malaysia. 30 March – 7 April.
Presentations aboard Cruise & Maritime, MV Marco Polo, Fjordland Spectacular cruise P-612:
- 394 Where Norway came from, Marco Polo Show lounge, 1100-1130h, 16 May.
- 395 Norway’s Spectacular Northern Lights, Marco Polo Show lounge, 1500-1530h, 19 May.
- 396 Secrets behind Norway’s giant Dinosaur, Marco Polo Show lounge, 1500-1530h, 22 May.
Sailing: Hull, England; Bergen, Norway; Molde, Norway; Åndalsnes, Norway; Geiranger, Norway; Flåm Norway; Olden, Norway; Hull, England. 15-23 May.
BJF, 2016, Presentations at Inter/Micro conference:
- An Evening with Brian: Magical Mystery Tour of the Cell, 1900-2000h, Monday 6 June.
- Putting Slurry under the Microscope: how Coal Tips collapse, Tuesday 7 June.
- Leeuwenhoek goes under the Scanning Electron Microscope, Wednesday 8 June.
Chicago: McCrone Research Institute.
BJF, 2016, Presentations aboard Cunard MV Queen Elizabeth, Great Britain voyage Q609:
- 397 Fantastic Food of the Future, Royal Court Theatre, 1215-1300h, 24 June.
- 398 WWII Secrets in the Modern World, Royal Court Theatre, 1415-1500h, 28 June.
- 399 Behind the Scenes of Facebook, Royal Court Theatre, 1230-1315h, 3 July.
Sailing: Southampton; Newhaven (Edinburgh); Invergordon (Inverness); Kirkwall, Orkney; Stornoway, Hebrides; Belfast, Ulster; Liverpool, England; St Peter Port, Guernsey; Herm, Channel Islands; Southampton.
23 June-5 July.
BJF, 2016, illustrated presentations aboard P&O M/V Britannia, Western Mediterranean cruise:
- 400 Where the Mediterranean came from, Headliners Theatre, 1000-1045h, 10 October
- 401 Barcelona's great dinosaur, Headliners Theatre, 1000-1045h, 11 October
- 402 Secret Weapons in the modern World, Headliners Theatre, 1000-1045h, 16 October
- 403 Mystery wildlife that we never see, Headliners Theatre, 1000-1045h, 19 October
- 404 Hidden secrets of Facebook, Headliners Theatre, 1000-1045h, 20 October
- 405 You Choose the Subject:
Headliners Theatre, 1500-1550h, 20 October
- Chemical castration and sex crimes
- Story of penicillin and new antibiotics
- Problems caused by fracking
- Extraterrstrial life and UFOs
- Use of smart technology and energy saving
- Professor Patrick Steptoe and Louise Brown
- Were the American moon landings a hoax?
- Co-existence of science and religion
- Do prehistoric carvings relate to visitors from space?
Sailing: Gibraltar; Cartageña, Spain; Palma, Mallorca; Barcelona, Spain; Cadiz, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal. 9-21 October.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania Cruises M/S Riviera, Caribbean Hideaways voyage:
- Create Caribbean Memories that won’t be Forgotten (75-406) Riviera Lounge, 7 March, 10:00h
- The Secret Story of Piracy (75-407) Riviera Lounge, 8 March, 10:00h
- Who really Discovered America? (75-408) Riviera Lounge, 11 March, 10:00h
- Hidden Wildlife that we Never See (75-409) Riviera Lounge, 14 March, 10:00h
- The Secret Life of Facebook (75-410) Riviera Lounge, 15 March, 10:00h
- Extraordinary food we will be Eating Tomorrow (75-411) Riviera Lounge, 7 March, 14:00h
Sailing: Miami, Florida, United States; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St John's, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados;
Castries, Saint Lucia; Philipsburg, Sint Maarten; Miami, Florida, United States. 10-16 March.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations aboard Cunard Line, MV Queen Elizabeth, Spain and Portugal voyage:
- Where Iberia came from, (76-412) Royal Court Theatre, 13 May, 14:00h
- How to keep your Computer safe, (76-413) Royal Court Theatre, 18 May, 10:00h
Sailing: Southampton, UK; Vigo, Galicia, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Leixões (for Oporto), Portugal; St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands; Southampton, UK.
BJF, 2017, illustrated presentations at Inter/Micro, Chicago.
- An Evening with Brian: 100 Talks in 60 Minutes, 1900h, 12 June
- Microbe power in a prehistoric pizza, 1600h, 13 June
- Imaginary Microorganisms and Impossible Worlds, 1530h, 14 June
Chicago: McCrone Research Institute.
BJF, 2017, Revelation and the living cell, a perplexing past and phenomenal future, plenary lecture to Microscopy and Microscience 2017, Royal Microscopical Society, Manchester: Convention Centre, 1700-1730h, 7 July.
BJF, 2017, Illustrated presentations aboard Oceania Cruise Line's M/S Insignia Stars to Shores cruise:
- The Secrets Behind Facebook (77-414) Insignia lounge, 31 October, 11:00h
- The Secret Story of Piracy (77-415) Insignia lounge, 12 November, 09:15h
- Who really discovered America? (77-416) Insignia lounge, 15:15h
- The microscopic wildlife all around us that people never see (77-417) Insignia lounge, 14:15h
- How the Caribbean came to be (77-418) Insignia lounge, 8 November, 17:15h
- How amateurs created the modern world (77-419) Insignia lounge, 9 November, 15:00h
- What will we Eat in the Future? (77-420) Insignia lounge, 12 November, 10:00h
- Dinosaurs Live Again (77-421) Insignia lounge, 13 November, 14:00h
Sailing: Manhattan, New York; St. George, Bermuda; Gustavia, St. Barts; St. John's, Antigua; Castries, St Lucia; St George's, Grenada; Oranjestad, Aruba; Santa Marta, Colombia; Miami, Florida.
31 October-14 November.
BJF, 2017, Illustrated presentations aboard Cunard Queen Elizabeth voyage no: Q801, “Canaries and Spain” at Christmas:
- Secret Story of Christmas (78-422) Royal Court Theatre, 10:00h, 24 December
- Capturing Christmas for Tomorrow (78-423) Royal Court Theatre, 14:00h, 26 December
- Your Future on Facebook(78-423) Royal Court Theatre, 10:00h, 6 January 2018
Sailing: Southampton; Arrecife, Lanzarote; Las Palmas de Gran Canaria; Santa Cruz de Tenerife; Santa Catarina, Las Palma; Funchal, Madeira; Seville, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; La Coruña, Spain; Southampton. 23
December 2017 – 7 January 2018.
BJF, 2018, Illustrated presentations aboard Regent Seven Seas Explorer, Paraiso Eterno voyage
- Capture Caribbean Memories that Won't be Forgotten, Constellation Theatre, 10:10h, 12 March.
- The Secret Story of the Caribbean Pirates, Constellation Theatre, 10:10h, 13 March.
- Hidden Caribbean Wildlife that you Never See, Constellation Theatre, 10:10h, 18 March.
- What will we Eat in the Future? Constellation Theatre, 10:10h, 19 March.
Sailing: Miami, Florida, United States; Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis, West Indies; Castries, St Lucia; St John's, Antigua; Gustavia, Saint Barthélemy; Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas; Miami, Florida, United States.
11-21 March 2018.
BJF, 2018, Were Dinosaurs too Big to Walk? opening presentation at the Ford Debate, London: Conway Hall, 15 May.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations at Inter/Micro 18:
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Regent Seven Seas Explorer 'Tales of Kings and Tsars' cruise:
- Where did the Baltic Come From? (80-429) Constellation Theatre, 21:00h, 4 August
- The Robot and the Russian (80-430), Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 9 August
- Camera Magic (80-431), Constellation Theatre, 17:00h, 8 August
- Invisible Wildlife around us (80-432), Constellation Theatre, 10:00h, 12 August
- Cruising through WWII Secret Weapons (80-433), Constellation Theatre, 15:00h, 12 August
Sailing: Stockholm, Sweden; Tallin, Estonia; St Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Rostock, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania MV Regatta 'Glistening Glaciers' voyage:
- Coming to Alaska (81-434), Regatta lounge, 8 September.
- Alaska’s Greatest Wildlife (81-435), Regatta lounge, 9 September
- Taking Amazing Alaskan Pictures (81-436), Regatta lounge, 10 September
- Alaska’s Greatest Spectacle (81-437), Regatta lounge, 14 September.
- The Alaskan Wolf holds the clue that made us Human (81-438), Regatta lounge, 16 September.
- How Alaska Got Here (81-439), Regatta lounge.
Sailing: Seattle, Washington, USA; Inside Passage, Alaska; Hubbard Glacier, Alaska; Icy Strait Point and Hoonah, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Sitka, Alaska; Victoria, Vancouver Island; Vancouver, British Columbia.
See online closing comments from the final presentation.
BJF, 2018, illustrated presentations aboard Oceania MV Insignia ‘Allure of Autumn’ voyage:
- How North America was Born (82-440), Insignia Lounge: 17:00, 25 September.
- Camera Secrets Revealed (82-441), Insignia Lounge: 14:00h, 26 September.
- Finding America (82-442), Insignia Lounge: 10:00h, 27 September.
- The Hidden Fable of the Fall (82-443), Insignia Lounge, 15:00h, 27 September.
- Wonders of the Northern Lights (82-444), Insignia Lounge: 09:300h, 29 September.
- Fantastic Foods from the Future (82-445), Insignia Lounge: 17:030h, 01 October.
Sailing: Montreal, Canada; Quebec, Canada; Saguenay, Canada; Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada; Portland, Maine, USA; Boston, Massachusetts, USA; Newport, Rhode Island, USA; Manhattan, New York City, USA.
23 September-3 October.
BJF, 2019, illustrated presentations aboard the Seabourn Encore, Arabian Gems cruise No 7926:
- What will we Eat in the Future? (83-446), Grand Salon, 11 May, 15:30h.
- Amazing and Captivating Pictures (83-447), Grand Salon, 13 May, 14:30h.
- Re-imagining Dinosaurs (83-448), Grand Salon, 14 May, 14:30h.
- Living with the Legacy of WWII (83-449), Grand Salon, 15 May, 14:30h.
- Come back Plastic, all is Forgiven (83-450), Grand Salon, 16 May, 09:45h.
- Secret Story of Living Cells (83-451), Grand Salon, 18 May, 14:30h.
Also: panellist in “Liar’s Club”, 15 May, 18:00-19:00h.
Sailing: Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Doha, Qatar – Sir Bani Yas island, United Arab Emirates – Muscat, Oman – [transit Red Sea] – Al-Aqabah, Jordan. 8-20 May.
BJF, 2019, illustrated presentations for Inter/Micro 2019:
- Force Feeding Physics, 1400h, 10 June.
- An Evening with Brian: Poo, Bare, 1900h, 10 June.
- Plastics in a Refreshing New Light, 1545h, 11 June.
- The Mystery of Leeuwenhoek’s Canoe, 1400h, 12 June.
McCrone Research Institute, Chicago.
BJF, 2019, Physics Transcended: Microbial Wisdom and the Nurture of Healing, paper for Proceedinbgs of 7th International Conference, Science & Scientist–2019, June 16.
BJF, 2019, illustrated presentations aboard the Seabourn Ovation, Gems of Western Europe cruise:
- Amazon Catastrophe – the Surprising Truth (84-452), Grand Salon
- Britain’s Jurassic Coast and the Amazing Story of Dinosaurs (84-453), Grand Salon
- Secret Weapons celebrates 50 years (84-454), Grand Salon
- Political Fun and Games – the Secret Story of Brexit (84-455), Grand Salon
- Adventures in the Public Eye (84-456), Grand Salon
Sailing: Dublin, Ireland – Waterford, Ireland – Bristol, Avon, United Kingdom – Rouen, (for Paris) France – Cherbourg, France – St. Malo, France – Portland, Dorset, United Kingdom – Falmouth, Cornwall, United Kingdom – A Coruña, Galicia,
Spain – Vigo, Galicia, Spain – Leixões (for Oporto), Portugal – Lisbon, Portugal. 28 September - 12 October.
BJF, 2020, Illustrated presentations aboard Seabourn Sojourn, World Cruise, Caribbean Sector:
- How the Caribbean came to be (85-457), Grand Salon, 0945h, 6 January.
- The Secret Life of Robots (85-458), Grand Salon, 1800h, 7 January.
- The Amazon is Nobody's Lung (85-459), Grand Salon, 1100h, 8 January.
- Come Back Plastic, all is Forgiven (85-460), Grand Salon, 1645h, 10 January.
- Bringing Dinosaurs back to Life (85-461), Grand Salon, 1430h, 13 January.
Sailing: Miami, USA - Key West, Florida, USA - Cartagena de Indias, Colombia - Oranjestad, Aruba, Netherlands Antilles
- Kralendijk, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles - Port Elizabeth, Bequia, St. Vincent and Grenadines - Bridgetown, Barbados.